This policy contains important information about the personal data CorFed CU collects, and how it is used to assure the continued privacy and confidentiality of credit union member’s personal financial information, the credit union observes these practices and procedures.
Information We Collect
We collect nonpublic information from some or all of the following sources:
- Information we receive from members on applications or other forms, such as members name address, social security number, assets and income.
- Information about members transactions with us, our affiliates, or others such as members account balance, payment history, parties to transactions and credit card usage; and,
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as members credit worthiness and credit history.
In the course of providing services to our membership, CorFed CU collects and shares information about members. Corrections Federal is required by law to give members the right to “opt-out” of information sharing with certain businesses, other than what is permitted by law. This means that members may direct us not to disclose information about members to certain businesses. Unless we hear from members, we may share all the nonpublic personal information about members that we collect with businesses involved in joint marketing. CorFed CU believes that these types of products and services will be of value and interest to our membership. The specific companies that receive information from us are prohibited from using that information about members for any purpose other than what we agree to by contract. If members prefer that we do not disclose information to these types of businesses, members may exercise there “opt-out” right at any time by calling the credit union, or mailing the privacy notice “opt-out” disclosure back to us.
Information We Disclose
We may disclose all of the information we collect as described above to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We may also disclose information about members under other circumstances as permitted by law.
Our Security Measures
We restrict access to nonpublic information about members to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to members. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with Federal regulations to guard member’s nonpublic personal information.
CFCU will frequently link to other sites as a convenience to our members.
CFCU will seek to link with other sites that adhere to similar privacy standards. For all third-party links, CFCU will disclose the following information:
- The member is leaving CFCU’s website;
- The member is linking to an alternate website not operated by CFCU;
- CFCU is not responsible for the content of the alternate website;
- CFCU does not represent either the third party or the member if the two enter into a transaction; and Privacy and security policies may differ from those practiced by CFCU.